Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Don't Know Who "Mason" Is, But I Like His Jars

I'm really diggin' the "rustic" look that so many weddings have nowadays. Luckily for me, BM M got married a year and a half ago, and still has tons of leftover mason jars. All of us bridesmaids spent the entire morning of her wedding in a field picking wild flowers, then we brought them back and filled them with water, and arranged all of flowers in them for centerpieces. Tons of work, yes, but the end result was beautiful and the decor really suited her outdoor, backyard wedding. While BM M's wedding and mine have a lot in common (both rustic, outdoors-y locations), they are still quite different. So the big question in my mind has been "I have all these mason jars, now what do I do with them?".

Enter: Pinterest. I'm not going to dote on it and talk about how awesome it is because I honestly think it's played out (please don't hate me). That being said, I have utilized it a couple times, this time being one of them. I found these:

Stones with a candle (no shells for me) - Easy Wedding Centerpieces
Water with a floating candle and twine - Emmaline Bride

Jars with fabric wrap - 100 Layer Cake


I really liked the look of the candles and water, but the thought of having to fill all those jars (I'm thinking 2 per table of 8, at 20 tables) just exhausts me. Same with the stones. So my mind is almost completely set on doing the fabric wrap. MOH K told me she saw a pack of fabric squares, which I'm guessing would be considered quilting squares, at JoAnn Fabrics. It had different patterns, but all with the same purple color scheme. I like the idea of having a variety of patterns! I would also like to try wrapping it with twine instead of a ribbon.

Now, what to put in them? Depending on what flowers I choose for the bouquets and bout's, maybe I will put a few stems in each one. And how cute is this?!?

Lemon slices in water! Makes me want yellow as a secondary color! - Pinterest

Obviously there are a lot of cute and easy things you can do with mason jars. I think the hardest thing is trying to find and collect enough of them. I've got that part covered! Anyone else use mason jars in their decor?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wrapped jars would be really cute, and I like the flowers!

    I have to say though, I agree with you about Pinterest. Once you've been on there longer than a couple of weeks, it gets harder and harder to find a) new pins, and b) pins that don't just expand on the same theme as each other. It's got so repetitive!

    I honestly can't see why you'd go on there for any other reason than to plan something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone else feels the same about Pinterest! Nothing against it, I just feel like EVERYONE is doing stuff from their and it's no longer unique. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I used mason jars- my mom cans every year, so between her and a few of her friends, they had enough jars to use! We didn't do anything too fancy- just had arrangements of wildflowers in them. I had meant to do some small plain ones with just candles- but completely forgot on the day of the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wildflower arrangements look so pretty in mason jars! I like the idea of candles, but it just adds one more thing to remember to do that day. Sometimes the simpler it is, the better! I'm sure your decor was beautiful even without the candles!

      Delete