Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Double D's & Dreams

Don't be dirty, I'm talking about the double digits! They crept right up on me. I was on my Weddingwire page today and the numbers "99" were blaring at me from the countdown box. How did that happen?!

Fittingly, I had my first wedding related dream last night. It wasn't necessarily a nightmare, thankfully. But it was quite odd. After researching mason jar ideas yesterday, it would only make sense that they would make an appearance in my dream...

So it started with all of us girls in a dress shop looking for dresses for both myself and them. It was packed. There was another group in there that we started talking to. Somehow, the other bride and I decided to move or weddings up to the next day, and get married together. So the next day came, and we both got married quickly and quietly, and somehow had hotels booked for the night (separate of course). Only we had the Little Noodle with us. He kept telling me that he was disappointed that the ceremony didn't go like he had planned. And I told him we could still have a reception because we have the venue booked for June 8th.

We got to the hotel, and I went in the bathroom and started thinking about the "wedding" we had just had. I started thinking about all the things we didn't do, because it wasn't planned, like Mr. S didn't even have his wedding band. I didn't use my mason jar decor idea. Things like that. And it made me really sad. Somehow I was excited that I was finally married to my sweetheart, but things just didn't go as I had planned. And it was, as Little Noodle had put it, disappointing.

The end.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out the underlying meaning behind my dreams (and I have some STRANGE ones). I guess this one could mean that even though I'm not too particular about things on our wedding day, I still want it to be special and about us. The ceremony in my dream was impersonal and not at all meaningful. The exact opposite of what I want for our actual wedding. Perhaps this dream is just reminding me to always look at the big picture and what is really most important.

Anyone else having wedding dreams, good or bad?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

1 comment: