Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Hey Mister DJ..."

Remember that song from back in the day? I think it was Madonna...anyway, we are meeting with a DJ today after work. Since we are now only 4 MONTHS away from our wedding, a DJ is one of those things we should probably get booked!

Funny side story: at MOH Sissy K's wedding this past Saturday (YAY!) everything turned out gorgeous, including her. Sneak peek at some pics (all images copyright Autumn Rae Photography):

Look at that profile! She was breathtaking!

The snow let up and the sun came out just in time for some outdoor pics.

I just love her fur wrap!
During the reception, my sis had specifically asked the DJ NOT to play the Chicken Dance song. Well, the groom's dad was not aware of this and requested it about 10 times. Finally, the DJ gave in. My sister freaked out, and ripped the DJ a new one. It's not funny, but it is :) We all kept telling her "it's just a two minute song, no one will even remember they played it", and finally, she calmed down. Not worth ruining your mood for it! Other than that one misfortune, things went so smoothly and as scheduled that it was hard to believe it was a wedding. Nothing was forgotten, misplaced, ruined, or unused. What a happy day! The Chicken Dance is still a sore subject though!

So, back to the point of my post. The DJ we are meeting with is Studio 616. They have a package that includes 5 hours of DJ and 3 hours of photo booth for $616. When I contacted him, he said I could rearrange the time for each if I wanted, as long as it was still equal to 8 hours. I like the flexibility they offer!

There are a couple other DJ's that I've gotten quotes from, ranging from $575 and up. My goal is to spend less than $650, and I don't think we will have a problem staying in that budget. Originally, I didn't think I'd need the DJ there more than a few hours. But as I thought it through, I realized it was cheaper and easier to have them there for both the ceremony and reception, so I don't need to ask someone to play music for the ceremony. I researched local musicians to play guitar during the ceremony (which I think would be beautiful and unique) but was quoted more than $200. The idea is still on the table if I can find someone who won't charge that much.

I'll update after our meeting tonight, and let you all know how it went! Is there anything you liked/didn't like about your DJ? Did you get a good deal (if you've booked one already)?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti


2 comments:

  1. Those photographs are beautiful! Congratulations to your sister! Haha, the chicken dance thing is funny though.

    RE: musician for the ceremony, have you looked into contacting local schools or colleges to see if they have any music students who might be willing to perform for a cheaper rate? That's I think what we're planning to do - my mum wants a string quartet, so we're going to be seeing if we can get ideas from schools in the area.

    ReplyDelete