Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

So Inviting

As you may or may not know, I am a graphic designer. My handsome fiance Mr. S is a printing pressman. Therefore, I feel a lot of pressure to create some amazing stationery for our wedding. The good thing is that I enjoy designing so much, that I don't mind spending a lot of time on our paper goods. The other good thing (and there really are many others) is that I have an entire print shop at my disposal, meaning a nice discount :)

The tough part for me, is spending a lot of money on something that people other than my parents and myself will just throw away after they put the date and time in their calendar. So my goal is to use typography and color to design some unique wedding stationery, without spending more than...drum roll please...$150!

How will I manage this? Partly with the help of the above mentioned discounts, and partly by cutting out things that we really don't need. Accommodations, directions, reception info, all things that will be on our wedding website. Response cards? I'm still debating this with myself, because I would love to have online RSVP. I have read mixed reviews on this, but overall I feel that the amount of money and time spent trying to get people to respond with a little card isn't really worth it, when you still end up having to track down a quarter of your guest list anyway since it's too much trouble for them to drop the pre-addressed and stamped envelope in the mail. Plus, Wedding Wire offers a free online RSVP option through their wedding websites, and I would really like to utilize that!

Now onto the design details. I LOVE scripty fonts. One of my favorites is Burgues Script (drool!). The one thing I designed early on is our monogram:
Personal Image and Design

And I'll use that font with my fave serif font, Filosofia, on all of our stationery. For our save the date postcards, I'll tease you with the engagement pic that I want to use. But I'll save the design reveal until after they are sent out...

Katy Batdorff Photography

How much do you plan to spend on your wedding stationery? Did anyone use online RSVP? If so, how did it work for you?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment