Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bridesmaid Dresses (lacking brain power to come up with clever title)

Hola peeps, hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend, and didn't get trampled trying to score any Black Friday deals!

I must start this post with some sad news...my best friendster and bridesmaid H is moving across the country! *tear* But she's moving to be closer to her parents and her sister, so I can't help but be glad for her since I know how much she misses them. Anyhoo, she is leaving at the end of December, which is pushing my butt into gear for picking out bridesmaid dresses. Since I only have 4 girls, and all of them are local (for now), I really want to get everyone together to try them on and help me decide. Actually, for them to decide, not me. I have ideas on color and style, but ultimately I want them to be happy with the dress, and not go broke buying it.

So what am I looking for?

Preference #1: Knee-length or shorter
Preference #2: Light purple color (lavender, lilac, wisteria, whatever you call it)

Wisteria - David's Bridal


Yep, that's it, really! One thing I did not include is that I would love to find dresses in a pickup style, since my bridey gown is that style. But most of the dresses I've seen with pickups are more expensive, and honestly it isn't THAT important. Here are a few I've seen online that I'm feeling good about:

If I could pick a dress, it would be this final sale one at David's Bridal, which unfortunately
is only available in a few sizes, none of which any of my BM's could wear :(
Strapless Chiffon with layers, looks so comfy! - David's Bridal
Totally a wear-it-again style (at least I think so!) - Alfred Angelo
Cute and simple - Alfred Angelo
Did you let your bridesmaids pick out their dresses, or did you decide yourself?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

2 comments:

  1. I love that color, and I ADORE that third Alfred Angelo dress: I'd totally wear it again! I actually ended up picking my bridesmaid's dresses for them (since we're going for such a specific vision), although they were custom-made so they looked best on their body type, and they were the princess they liked most (unless they had no input there!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That strapless chiffon dress is beautiful.

    My sister-in-law and best friend/MOH both fell in love with the same style on our field drip to the bridal store, and my long-distance bridesmaid approved of it via online photo-swapping.

    ReplyDelete