Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Dress Success

Good news followers-I have a dress!

What?!? You were looking for your dress? You didn't tell us! (what you might be thinking).

I know...here's what happened...

My very best Friendster and I wanted to look at dresses together. She is getting married in March of next year, 3 months before me. Her family lives in Texas, so her going out with her mom and sister just wasn't an option. Since she is like a sister to me, we felt it was only fitting for her to come with us.

Since friendster's wedding is in March, we just realized that she really needed to get going on the whole dress thing. So last week my Mom, Sister K, Friendster and I quickly planned a trip to our local David's Bridal. I really didn't expect to walk out of that store with a dress in my hands, but that is exactly what happened!

We both started trying on dresses. I already had a good idea of where I wanted to start. I love love love the look of the pickup style gowns. And I knew I wanted sweetheart neckline, with a small train. I also wanted to incorporate my purple into a sash, I love gowns with a little color! I tried on 5 or 6 dresses total, and we all kept going back to the second one I had tried on. It was perfect. Now, don't be disappointed, but I didn't have one of those moments of joy and tears and smiles when I decided on my dress. In fact, as everyone was cheering and I rang the bell, I was trying to think of sad things to come up with some sort of tears to appease everyone. It didn't work, and I just laughed instead. Sister K said I acted like I had just picked out a pair of work boots or something. Of course I was excited, but I have never been an emotional person, so I really didn't expect to cry a river like Sister K did when she found her dress months ago.

Friendster has almost decided on a gorgeous ruffled ivory dress that also happened to be the second one she tried on. But it is in competition with a frilly tulle-skirted gown that is shorter in the front. I love both, but the ruffle one just looked so perfect on her. I hope she picks it!

How quickly did you find your dress? Did you have a tears of joy moment?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

2 comments:

  1. I thought the first one I tried was the one as I cried but I soon realised it was because it was the first dress I tried on. THE ONE had me skipping and dancing. So I say no tears is a good sign

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I was doing some dancing in it, so that was probably my sign too!

    ReplyDelete