Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Calling All Pasty Brides

Yeah, I'm pretty white. I don't tan, I red. Then I white again. Last summer I burnt my legs, and I looked like a zebra, only with red streaks. Sunless tanners have been my only option for my entire life. There's a few that I've found that work enough to keep me from being ghostly, or blinding everyone at the beach. But I've never really found that perfect sunless tanner (if such a thing exists).

Wikia

So the one thing I've never done is the elusive spray tan mist at the tanning salon. I'm a bit nervous, but I think I want to give it a shot. I keep picturing the Friends episode where Ross got a spray tan. Although he was an idiot and didn't think to just step out of the booth (it wouldn't have been as funny, would it?), I still worry that I would have a mishap of some sort.

Worry #1: Because my skin is SO weird, it will absorb the color unevenly. So even though the spray is consistent, and it covers correctly, I would still come out blotchy.

Worry #2: Because my skin is SO weird, the color won't absorb AT ALL and I won't look a hair tanner.

Worry #3: The people at the tanning place will not understand my SO weird skin and dial up my color so I come out looking like Ross. Or like an orange.

I know that I can do a test run way before the wedding, and see how it turns out. If I like it, I'll go back. If not, I'll pasty it up on my wedding day. Who cares, I'm the bride!

Anyone else try spray tanning before their wedding, or planning to try it before the big day?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a pasty bride but I'm not going to tan before the wedding. I like my paleness, and I've watched too many movies and TV shows where people turn orange :P That being said, I know the technology has gotten WAY BETTER over the last few years and I'm sure if you go to a reputable spray tanner you'll look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it. My best friend did it and it was perfect. I didn't do it in the end as I figured my dress looked good on me without a spray tan and I'm glad I made the right decision. Though for everyday I'm now thinking of getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a pasty bride too, and I am not going to tan, I'm going to rock the pale-ness! My photographer said be VERY wary about spray tanning - it's very difficult for make-up artists to match foundation/powder to a spray tan since they're not natural skin shades. (I would assume you would have the same problem if you were doing DIY make-up and you bought your own foundation for the wedding.) They said they recommend doing airbrush tanning (pretty similar to spray tanning) and do a trial. Or they said doing a tanning bed turns out more natural. But I am saving money and doing neither lol!

    ReplyDelete