Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The "Bride Workout"

I've been a Tae-Bo fan since high school gym class, where we did the workout two mornings every week. Ok, so I wasn't much of a fan back then. But in my post-high-school life, I've come to really enjoy the workouts, and Billy Blanks yelling for me to "control my punch" and "lift my knees". Despite the goofy moves, I've found that Tae-Bo really has helped to give me energy, and to feel more toned.

I go through phases of being a very good Tae-Bo-er, and then things get busy or I just miss a couple days, and I'm off again. Of all fitness videos I've tried though, I've been most loyal to Billy. Therefore, I've decided my official "Bride Workout" will be Tae-Bo. I've got a DVD that has 8 short but challenging workouts on it.

Billy-Courtesy of Amazon  

I've also found that if I don't do my workout in the morning, I won't do it at all. So doing one or two of the 10-minute workouts before work is my best option for success. I'm starting with a goal of 3 days a week. This also includes daily stretching, which is one of my favorite parts of working out. And, my to-and-from work walk 5 days a week (about 15 minutes a day total of power-walking).

So watch out Billy, I'll be joining your fitness gang again soon!

Do you plan to do some kind of "bride workout"? If so, what is it?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

3 comments:

  1. Lol I should be working out, since my wedding is in just over a month, but instead I've been eating more sweets than usual and skipping boot camp! Oops! My dress fits perfectly though so I am not too worried, I Wouldn't want to lose too much weight and have my dress be to big :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha when I am a month out I will probably be doing the same thing! My main problem is with my flabby underarms. If I can tighten up those puppies by my wedding next June I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i am going to gym, i hope to build musclegain

    ReplyDelete