Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Corn-y

Well it's finally time for Bridesmaid/Cousin S to get married! This coming Saturday is the big day, and needless to say I've been a bit absent from the blogging world as I have been helping her with lots of wedding projects! Last Saturday night was spent at S's house with she and Maid of Honor/Sister K (we are both bridesmaids) putting delicious freshly-made caramel corn by my good friend over at Marckini Concessions into favor bags. YUM! Such a great idea by S to have this for her wedding favors! In the midst of all the bag-filling and sampling, I didn't even snap a picture. But I will be taking lots of pics at her wedding this weekend, so I'll be sure to upload some.

So how did we do it? S bought plastic favor bags from Oriental Trading:

Image courtesy of Oriental Trading
We started with 6 plastic tubs full of caramel corn, and ended up with 170 bags. We tied the bags with ribbon:
Image courtesy of Oriental Trading (hers were cream colored, not black)
And slapped (carefully placed) a label on the front:

Personal design and image
Ta-da! A tasty and unique wedding favor. My other BIG project for S's wedding is all of her stationery. I designed and printed almost all of her paper goods for the day:

Invitation-Personal Image
Response Card-Personal Image
Advice Card-Personal Image

Place Cards for the head table-Personal Image

Ceremony Programs (Front and back)-Personal Image

16x20 Seating Chart, mounted on foam core and to be displayed on an easel-Personal Image

Table Number Cards-Personal Image
Phew! I'm done with everything except the seating chart, which needs to be printed and mounted at Office Depot since I can't print that big at work, and the programs. For the invitations, I used Cordenons Stardream Opal 105# cover weight paper for the backer, and S picked out some ribbon at Hobby Lobby that she liked. I used an image of the ribbon on some of the pieces to tie it together.

Anyone else have any big projects lately that are unrelated to their own wedding? Between S's wedding this weekend, and K's wedding in early February, I don't know how I'm going to get anything done for mine in June!

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

3 comments:

  1. Wow, everything is so pretty! I'm sure the wedding will be so lovely (and give you plenty of ideas for yours, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you! I'm beyond excited for her and the best part...karaoke at the reception! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh so pretty! Love the favors! I am a fan of edible favors because who doesn't like yummy food!

    ReplyDelete