Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dress-in Up

This past Sunday afternoon was spent browsing racks for Bridesmaids dresses. I had 3 of my 4 ladies in tow, BM H being the missing gal (since she sadly moved to Texas last month). But she was with us in spirit as we perused the options at Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal. Our appointment at Alfred Angelo was at 1:00, and they told me they would be about an hour long. So we started looking and pulled a few cute dresses to try on. Some were good, and some just not good at all. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of what style # each one was, and I can't seem to find them on their website. But here are a couple that were major contenders (until we learned their prices...)

A pretty faerie dress (as we nicknamed it) $240 (holy crap!)

Another favorite, at a much more favorable $170 (still higher than I preferred, and also we decided we would cut the weird strap off)

Being done with our appointment a half hour early, we decided to try to get into David's Bridal before our appointment time of 2:30. Success! They were busy (as always) but got us in. We started with these two:

(Both $139)  Left: Strapless Pick-Up     Right: Strapless Chiffon

Then BM M found a little cotton sateen number that she just loved. We grabbed one in everyone elses size, and wha-la!

Happy ladies!! BM S, BM M, and MOH K in Cotton Sateen Strapless

Here is the actual color - image via David's Bridal

Best part was they were on sale for $99 each. Plus, since I bought my wedding gown there, each girl got an extra $20 off! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Next step for the gals, picking out shoes. I've given this task to MOH Fashionista K since she will be MUCH better at finding something than I would. Oh, and by the way, we were done and out of DB before our actual appointment time. Boo-ya!

How quickly did you and/or your bridesmaids find dresses? Was it an easy task, or were there disagreements?

(All photos personal unless otherwise stated)

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment