Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vows and Public Speaking

I am at a loss for words to describe how crazy busy this week is for me. We have our National Sales Conference at work starting tonight through Friday evening, and yours truly gets to do her own presentation! Woo hoo!

Can you sense my excitement? I'm one of those crazy people who actually doesn't mind speaking in front of large groups. I used to love speech and debate in high school and college. Sick, isn't it! So my presentation is tomorrow, and as weird as it sounds, it has got me thinking about our vows. Mr. S and I decided a loooooong time ago that we wanted to write at least some of our vows ourselves. I told him I would probably not pre-write anything, and I would just say what was in my heart when we get up there. Maybe I'm crazy? But I just know I'll get up there, and start talking without even reading what I've written anyway! I think he is a bit more nervous about it, since he is NOT a fan of public speaking. Even though it will be a crowd of family and close friends, I think it will be much harder for him than it will be for me.

Our officiant is a very close family friend of my dad's since they were kids. He's like an uncle to me, and has been a part of the family as long as I can remember. I love that our ceremony is going to be a close, meaningful event that is about our marriage. It is what I've always dreamed of, and writing a portion of our own vows just makes it that much more sentimental to me. Did anyone else write their own vows?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment