Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Color of the Year 2013

Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2013! I always get so excited to see what it is every year! For those of you who aren't designers or in the fashion or home decor fields, Pantone is a company that creates color management tools for people in those fields. They also predict the trend colors for every year, and are usually right on. They just announced that the color of the year for 2013 will be...


Emerald! - via Pantone


Such a crisp and earthy color! I think we can expect to start seeing even more of this color in wedding palettes very soon. I have already seen some really cute wedding ideas utilizing this color:

Fringy Emerald & Aqua Garland - Design Sponge

Emerald Fringe Place Cards - Design Sponge

Emerald & Aqua Invitation Suite (I'm sensing a theme here with the aqua) - Oh So Beautiful Paper

Emerald Shoes! - Style Me Pretty

Centerpieces and Table Settings - Elizabeth Anne Designs


Mossy Ring Bearer's Pillow - Your Perfect Day blog

Bouquet - My Wedding Place blog

Textured Cake with Emerald Band - Silver Spoon Cakes

This color also makes me think of Irish weddings. And since I have an Irish heritage, I would want to incorporate a little "luck" into my wedding day with these cute garters:

Getting "lucky" on your wedding night? haha! - Etsy

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment