Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween and Some Wedding Re-Cappage

First off, Happy Halloween to you all! We have a potluck every year at work and a costume contest, and here I am all dressed up:

Princess Leia a.k.a Miss Spaghetti - Personal Image

I'm in it to win it this year! I love Halloween and all the fun it brings to a normal workday!

On another more wedding-y related note, Bridesmaid S is now a married lady! The wedding was Saturday and was beautiful in every way. We had nice sunny weather, which is a blessing this time of year in Michigan. Yes, it was cold, and yes, all of the girls in the wedding party nearly froze taking group shots at Centennial Park in Holland. But the leaves were a perfect combination of reds, oranges and yellows, and there were plenty still left in the trees, making for some fun fall-themed pictures!

Since my phone had only a drop of battery life left in it by the reception, I had to stash it in my coat and didn't have it on me the rest of the night. Mr. S managed to take a couple pics for me (his dang Iphone camera really has nothing on the camera in my Droid, so sorry for the crappy quality)...

Our caramel corn favors with my custom label - Personal Image

Cupcake table display - Personal Image
It's really hard to tell in the picture, but her cupcake table display was absolutely adorable. A friend of hers made the cupcakes and the display stand. It is a 5-tier stand, and each level has it's own set of battery operated lights underneath, so no need to plug in! And the best part is, she said I can use it at my wedding if I want. Ummm...YA! Once I see some of the pro pics, I'll try to share some better ones of the details she put so much thought and effort into. Her personal style really showed through!

The rest of the night consisted of good food, dancing, a little karaoke, and of course, the Cupid Shuffle.  I will admit to at one point stealing the microphone from one of the groomsmen to sing "Closing Time" by Semisonic :)

I'll sign off for now, but stay tuned as I begin to research beverage options...
MUWWAAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAA!

3 comments:

  1. The custom label on the popcorn looks adorable and I love the cupcake stand! So awesome!

    Ahhh the cupid shuffle! It will most certainly be played at our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caramel corn favors were a hit! I don't think you can go wrong with food as a favor. And I think the Cupid Shuffle is a new staple for weddings!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your costumes, and the caramel corn is an AWESOME favor idea! I'm actually going to start blogging about favors today! :D

    ReplyDelete