Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Photographer Update

Well in my last post I was somewhat, um, distraught, about photographers. Since then, I've googled just about every single photographer in the state of Michigan. I've gotten some quotes all over the board, from $450 up to over $2500, and I've scheduled meetings with my top 2 contenders!

First up is Katy Batdorff Photography, a local photographer with an artistic flair. I like the perspective of a lot of her shots.

And the second meeting will be with Huisman Photography, also from the Grand Rapids area. They are a husband/wife team that has a more traditional, but beautiful, style.

Before I give you the quotes I received from these wonderful studios, I'll explain what I was looking for in a photography package:
  • engagement session
  • 5 hours of coverage
  • cd or dvd of full-resolution images with no copyrights
Based on my request, I was quoted $450 from Huisman Photography and $850 from Katy Batdorff Photography.  There is a small (big) gap in the quotes, and although price is a huge factor for us, having a photographer whose personality and style really fit with us is most important. Therefore, the decision will depend on how each of the in-person meetings go. And if neither really seem like the right fit for us, I do have a backup...

Alivia Duran Photography quoted $900 for a package with my specifications. She does stunning work and I would definitely be interested in meeting her, however she is out of the country currently and we won't be able to do so quite yet. We'll see how this weeks meetings go.

Happy planning!

Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment