Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Changing our minds...

Isn't it amazing the process our minds go through when beginning to plan our weddings? I have always known I would be a frugal bride, but even my definition of frugal is more extreme than most who are on a budget. For this reason, Mr. Spaghetti and I are leaning towards a simple, park wedding and reception close to our home, rather than our beautiful and meaningful Mackinac Island nuptials. Even though I know I could plan it at $6,000 or less, I know that I could do it for $3,000 or less here in our home town. That is a lot of money. I keep thinking of all the things we could do with it rather than spending it on hotels, chair rentals, eating out, and all the other things that come with a destination wedding.

We will probably still go up to the island for our honeymoon, it is too meaningful to us to not have it incorporated somehow in our wedding. *Sigh* decisions, decisions...but in the end, I know that the most important thing to both of us is being married to each other, and celebrating with our family and friends. The island isn't going anywhere, right!

Talk to you soon,

Miss Spaghetti

1 comment:

  1. "..but in the end, I know that the most important thing to both of us is being married to each other, and celebrating with our family and friends. The island isn't going anywhere, right!"

    Agreed!

    I wish you the best of luck with your wedding plans! Bride-on-a-budget - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete