Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2 of No Chocolate

I don't consider it a New Year's resolution, because those things never work out. But the start of a new year is a good time to start over. And for me, that means healthier eating. Plus, the fact that we are now a mere 5 MONTHS away from our wedding gives me enough cause to make some changes.

My name is Miss Spaghetti, and I'm a choco-holic. Between the dates of December 23rd and January 1st, I must have consumed my weight in it. I blame it on my mother and her over-the-top stockings (full of Reese's Trees, Peanut Butter M&M's, and theater-boxes of Reese's Pieces). I also blame it on the fact that I had that whole week and a half off work for vacay. And I realized something-I eat much much MUCH healthier while I'm at work. This may not surprise anyone out there, but it was a surprise to me. Probably because when I think of eating at work, I think of food days and people having little bowls of snacks on their desks that are all too easy to grab from.

I start the day religiously with a bowl of Fiber Plus cereal. Laugh if you want, that shiz is awesome. Then throughout the morning I eat some combination of yogurt, a banana, or crackers and peanut butter, all before lunch. Lunch normally ends up being a salad, turkey sandwich, or tomato soup. Then, I have one or two more snacks before the clock strikes the glorious 5 p.m., which are usually chips and salsa, oatmeal, or whatever I didn't eat for one of my many breakfasts. I'm sure it isn't the most extremely health-nut healthy stuff to eat, but I always buy low-sodium, low-fat whatever I can, and my body feels it when I stray from this "diet".

Now I'll let you all in on another little secret...remember when I wrote about my fitness plan a while back? Ya, the one that I haven't done whatsoever? Yep, that's it. Well, I am starting the new year off with a bang, or should I say "kick", because I've done my Tae-Bo workout every morning so far. I hope I didn't jinx it by telling you. But I need some accountability! So hold me to it folks. I am bound and determined to have the least flabbiest arms of anyone at our wedding.

Speaking of flabby arms, mine won't quite be toned yet for MOH K's bachelorette party, which is in just over 2 weeks. Invitations have been sent (I will share with you once I know they have been received), and I'm going to try to make some cute little cake pops that I'll discuss in another post. But for now I'm signing off, and not eating chocolate. For real, I promise.

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment