Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ladies to Maidy's

So far in the blog you have heard me talk a little 'bout my maids. I thought I'd take a few minutes to talk about who they are, and show you how I asked them to be in my wedding.

I have known forever who I wanted in my bridal party, so that part was easy:

-MOH K, my sister, best friend and personal stylist
-BM M, my youngest sister
-BM S, my cousin who is a month younger than me, and my oldest friend
-BM H, my friendster (mix between friend and sister) because she is like a sister to me

Now the interesting thing about my bridesmaids, is that they are all either married or engaged and will be married before I am. BM S is getting married in just ONE MONTH! Holy cow! And MOH K will be getting married in February. BM H is getting married in March, and BM M was married last July. And the kicker is, I am in all of my girls' weddings. Needless to say, I am going to be a very busy girl until after my wedding is done.

Like most brides-to-be, I wanted to find a unique way to ask my ladies to be my maids. But I didn't want to spend a ton. The most important thing I wanted to get across was that each lady is important to me, and to tell them why I chose them. Weddings are very meaningful to me, and I wanted them to understand why it was important for them to be standing up there with me on such a special day.

What I decided to do was use one of my fave websites Paperless Post. I chose a cute little invite, wrote a personal note to each lady, and sent it off.



I also used this site for Little Noodle's 6th birthday party last month. I picked an invite, put in my text, picked an envelope liner, and voila! The site emails your entire guest list, and asks them to respond. It also provides them with a map to to site, and gives them an option of leaving a comment or question for the party planner. It worked like a charm, and I got a ton of compliments on it! There are a lot of invitations on the site that are free to email to recipients. Some of them cost money, or "coins" as they call it. When I signed up, I got some "coins" for free, so sending out Little Noodles invites with the extras (envelope liner, stamp, etc.) didn't cost me a thing. But normally, you would buy those features with your coins. Make sense? Good!

How did you ask your ladies to be your maidy's?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment