Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

I Guess I'm Not Very Bachelorette-y

Happy Monday fellow planners! This past week was a blur, leading up to BM S's Bachelorette party on Saturday. We had a blast, and my feet still hurt...but my black boots looked great! I will have 2 more coming up before my own, MOH Sister K's is in January, and although currently unplanned, BM Friendster's will most likely be sometime in February or early March. All these parties have got me thinking...

Do you HAVE to go out drinking and dancing for your Bachelorette party? Personally, I'm not an out-all-night kinda girl. I don't mind going out once in a while, but I would much rather be in bed by 11 (yes, I'm old). I just can't picture myself out at a bar or restaurant with a necklace of male genitalia hanging around my neck. I'm not a big drinker either. So how do you throw a Bachelorette party for someone who is not very...Bachelorette-y?

As I begin to plan MOH Sister K's party in January, I realize just how different we are. She would love a big party with her bridal party, co-workers and friends all there having dinner, buying her drinks, and lots of sexy apparel. What kinds of Bachelorette parties have you been to? And if you are already married, what did you like or dislike about your own?

Happy planning!
Miss Spaghetti

1 comment:

  1. My MOH's both already know that I want the same type of party you do: early out, in bed by 11 (and I'm only 21, haha: I've always been an early-to-bed person). I would say that just make sure your friends know what kind of party you'll be comfortable with, and if they're confused maybe give them some advice of places you would like going or things you would like to do.

    Here are some good ideas I liked for non-conventional bachelorette party for every type of woman:

    http://offbeatbride.com/2010/04/bachelorette-party-ideas

    ReplyDelete